Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Countdown to Final Jury #2

The hour is upon us; final jury for the 2nd project of the semester is already here. Sitting next to me is the project ready to be pinned up; complete with toning, labels, and line weights (and the cause of a very sore wrist/hand.) With only one project and two juries left (jury for the first part of the project and then final) the realization that we're half way through the semester is puzzling. I am convinced that time moves quicker here… precious hours spent working on final projects seem to fly by twice as fast as they do in Crough and spring semester, which to my torment seems to always drag on longer than Rochester winters, is moving quicker than summer vacation.
Why is it that time really does fly when you're having fun and that all good things must come to an end (and always sooner than you think they should)? So as I prepare for today's jury one thing remains on my mind; time. Normally I daydream about fast-forwarding to the end of the jury, bypassing the long hours of critique (which always seems personal and negative when you're on very little sleep and presenting your work to be judged subjectively) and skipping to the celebrated or even disheartening end to the jury, a nice comfy bed and a good meal. This time, however, I'm not going to wish for the end of the jury but rather remain thankful to be sitting in our studio building in Rome, allowing time to move at a slow pace and not wishing for the time to be gone sooner than I truly wish it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment