Thursday, February 24, 2011

Allora, va bene!

As promised...

Derive Project with Christ Testa and Justin Fosbenner

 Close up top left

 Close up top right

Close up bottom right 

And last but not least...
Project Two

I think that I can say confidently that the jury for project two went fairly well. A couple really good points were made regarding where the highest point of the building should be located based on the plan and my personal objectives for the site. If there were a next part to this project, I would focus on further articulating the materials based on hierarchy of spaces as well as how the materials interacted relating to what was happening in the interior. I would also take into account the discussion of height and work with rotating the glass component so that the highest point faced the street and was positioned over the stage space while lowering the height of the lobby/entrance space to a more human proportion. For spending only a week and a half's time on this project I can honestly say I am content with the work I produced. I think my layout could have been much more successful as well as choice/production of diagrams/drawings for presentation. I think I could have also shown a little bit more in the form of diagrams what I was already beginning to think about/work on in terms of using different materials based on hierarchy and function. Overall, between the quick urban design activities and this project, I learned a lot in our first real exposure to urban planning and enjoyed it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment